CSR is a fundamental element of Ivanhoé Cambridge’s management philosophy. This report focuses on the operations of the Company and its managed properties from January to December 2014 and summarizes its performance vis-à-vis the three pillars of its corporate social responsibility strategy: environmental stewardship, community investments and employee engagement.
In addition, the 2014 edition of the CSR report satisfies the new Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 reporting guidelines. To ensure a rigorous approach, Ivanhoé Cambridge was assisted by Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton.
Here are some of the highlights of the report:
- 85% of the properties have a composting program;
- 73% of the managed properties in Canada are BOMA BESt certified;
- 136 plug-in vehicle charging stations are available at its Canadian properties.
- More than $2.3 million was invested in donations and sponsorships in the communities where we operate;
- 93% of our purchases are from Canadian suppliers.
- For the third year in a row, Ivanhoé Cambridge was named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
- The Company also ranks in Aon Hewitt’s 50 Best Employers in Canada survey;
- Ivanhoé Cambridge is one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, according to Waterstone Human Capital.
And, for the second year in a row, Ivanhoé Cambridge is thrilled to be among the Future 40 Responsible Corporate Leaders in Canada, which is further proof that its commitment to sustainable development is central to its business strategy.