Ivanhoe Cambridge announces that it has reached an agreement with Target Corporation (Target) according to which the U.S.-based retailer will assume the lease obligations for 14 Zellers stores located in its Canadian shopping centres.
“We are pleased to welcome Target in our properties. The arrival of this particularly innovative retailer in the Ivanhoe Cambridge portfolio not only confirms our position as an industry leader, but also our shopping centres’ drawing power for international retailers. Target’s retail offering perfectly complements our shopping centres’ fashion-focused market positioning. Its arrival in our properties will undoubtedly help grow customer traffic even further, thus benefiting all of our retailers,” said Claude Dion, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Ivanhoe Cambridge.
Target will open stores at the following shopping centres:
– Nova Scotia: Mic Mac Mall (Dartmouth)
– Quebec: Carrefour St-Georges (Saint-Georges-de-Beauce), Carrefour Rimouski (Rimouski), Les Rivières (Trois-Rivières), Place Laurier (Quebec City), Place Vertu (Montreal)
– Ontario: Burlington Mall (Burlington), Bayshore Shopping Centre (Ottawa), Conestoga Mall (Waterloo), Devonshire Mall (Windsor)
– Manitoba: Kildonan Place (Winnipeg)
– Alberta: St. Albert Centre (St. Albert)
– British Columbia: Oakridge Centre (Vancouver) and Metropolis at Metrotown (Burnaby)
For more information about Target Corporation, please visit www.target.com