A destination of choice for culture, gastronomy and trends at its flagship properties in downtown Montreal
Montreal, June 13, 2022 – As a real estate player invested in downtown Montreal’s recovery and economic vitality, Ivanhoé Cambridge is pleased to unveil Nouveau Centre, the destination for outstanding experiences in the heart of the city. Nouveau Centre brings new life to the Company’s flagship downtown properties: Place Ville Marie (PVM), Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel, the Montreal Eaton Centre and Place Montréal Trust. Capitalizing on this concentrated presence in the heart of the city, Ivanhoé Cambridge has developed a diverse curated offer to engage and appeal to the business community, local and international tourists, and culture, gastronomy and trends enthusiasts.
Nouveau Centre: a revitalized district giving new impetus to the heart of the city
In creating the Nouveau Centre destination, Ivanhoé Cambridge leveraged the exceptional locations of its properties. It has re-energized downtown by transforming it into a hub of attractions where people can meet and mingle amid the city’s unparalleled creativity.
“Nouveau Centre’s strength lies in its ability to constantly reinvent itself, to make each visit memorable,” said Annik Desmarteau, Vice President, Offices, Quebec, at Ivanhoé Cambridge. “This collective effort by our properties reflects our goal of enhancing the drawing power of downtown. We offer an unparalleled experiential showcase to tenants, employers, workers, tourists, consumers and members of the metropolitan community; memorable discoveries await them all, starting this summer.”
Nouveau Centre: a neighbourhood that comes alive this summer
Where spaces converge, memories are waiting to be created. With a summer program that will delight aficionados of culture, circus art, music, comedy, gastronomy and physical activity, as well as people looking to spice up their workday, Nouveau Centre will offer a series of unifying, accessible events and experiences waiting to be discovered. By collaborating with the Partenariat du Quartier des spectacles for the summer programming, Nouveau Centre is participating in a collective movement with various downtown stakeholders united under the Les moments du cœur de l’île umbrella.
Here is a preview of the Nouveau Centre summer programming:
- Station d’été an Aire Commune project: Starting June 13, PVM will offer a green-desking terrace with two enclosed, wired, air-conditioned meeting rooms that can be reserved free of charge.
- The 3GIANTS by Montréal Complètement Cirque: Ivanhoé Cambridge presents a series of free shows, with Les 7 Doigts bringing the GIANT to life on the Esplanade PVM from July 7 to 17.
- Just for Laughs Festival: The 2022 edition of the festival – 40 Years Must Be Taken With A Smile! – comes to the Esplanade PVM on July 27.
- ZooFest: A French gala will shine a spotlight on up-and-coming artists on July 28.
Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
- Artisans Market: Gastronomic discoveries, starting June 13
- Cabaret Celeste, by Cirque Éloize: until September 3
- Rosélys: Jazz Evening every Tuesday and Thursday
- Terrasse Nacarat: Nacarat, with a terrace bathed in the golden sunsets of downtown Montreal, celebrates its fifth anniversary this summer.
Montreal Eaton Centre
- Terrasse Les P’tites vacances: From June 7 to September 12, in collaboration with XP_MTL, on Sainte-Catherine Street between McGill College Avenue and Robert-Bourassa Boulevard, this terrace will give you that vacation feeling!
- Art de la corde: Montreal artists will shine in this exhibition of four works by the creative group WIP until August 22.
- Not to mention the many contests and special offers at Place Montréal Trust.
Nouveau Centre promises a festive, colourful summer; it’s time to meet up and enjoy every moment. Ivanhoé Cambridge is proud of this initiative designed to give back to the community and enliven downtown Montreal, where it has deep roots.
Consult our site lenouveaucentre.com regularly for all the program details; many recurring activities will be added all summer long.
Visuals of Nouveau Centre, summer programming and venues, available here