Ivanhoé Cambridge publishes its 2015 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report Ivanhoé Cambridge is a responsible company that takes to heart the well-being of people, the environment and communities. The Company creates living spaces that inspire the cities of tomorrow. As trees to a forest, these spaces are organic structures in constant evolution. Real estate is about more than buildings– it’s about how we live. This is where Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment comes to life!
Ivanhoé Cambridge takes CSR into consideration in all of its decisions and actions at every level of the organization. Its operations are underpinned by a system designed to help the Company make well-informed decisions, consistent with both its business objectives and its risk management imperatives. Since 2013, the Company has structured and reported on its initiatives based on three key pillars: employee engagement, environmental stewardship and communities.
Here is an overview of the highlights if the 2015 CSR Report:
Ivanhoé Cambridge recognizes its employees’ passion and fosters their engagement, expertise and diversity by providing them with opportunities to continually excel.
- 3rd year in a row in the Future 40 Responsible Corporate Leaders in Canada
- 4th year in a row ranked among Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- 6,000+ hours of volunteering by Ivanhoé Cambridge employees in their communities
Ivanhoé Cambridge integrates sustainability principles and supports environmental initiatives in its property management activities and development projects.
- 74% of properties in Canada are BOMA BEST®-certified
- 58.3% waste diversion rate
- 90% of properties have a composting program
- 100% of properties are serviced by public transportation
Ivanhoé Cambridge contributes to the economic and social dynamism of the communities where it operates in order to generate a meaningful and lasting impact.
- $3.1 M contributions to the communities
- $705 M of purchases from Canadian suppliers
- 93,000+ indirect jobs created
A new digital version is available this year, designed for user-friendly navigation on a tablet, computer or smartphone.
To learn more on Ivanhoé Cambridge’s corporate social responsibility activities, visit the CSR section on the Company’s website.