Miller Thomson and Le 1000, an Ivanhoé Cambridge property, are proud to announce that the law firm’s move to 1000 De La Gauchetière is complete. The rented office space, accompanied by a 15-year-lease, comprises a total of 4,550 square metres (49,000 square feet) on two-and-a-half floors of this prestigious building.
Founded in 1952 by Georges A. Pouliot under Pouliot Mercure as one of the first francophone commercial law firms to offer services to the Montreal business community, it was also one of the first to later establish itself in the heart of Montreal’s current downtown.
During the 1990s, the law firm set up a vast network of partners across Canada, the United States, Mexico and Europe. In 2005, Pouliot Mercure merged with Miller Thomson to become an integral part of the major law firm.
Prior to moving, Miller Thomson’s new offices underwent a spectacular interior redesign in order to offer employees a very modern space featuring cutting-edge technology in one of Montreal’s most-sought after buildings that has contributed to making the metropolis a world-class place of business.