Montreal, Quebec – Ivanhoé Cambridge is very proud to announce that its properties, Place Ville Marie and the World Trade Centre Montréal are now certified LEED® Silver in the “Existing Building: Operations & Maintenance” (EB:O&M) category by the Canada Green Building Council.
The evaluation criteria for LEED® certification include energy efficiency and air quality, water management and consumption, the use of materials and re-use of surplus materials, the quality of interior spaces, and the ecological development of exterior sites.
“We are especially proud of these certifications, which position Place Ville Marie and the World Trade Centre Montréal as leaders in energy efficient buildings in Montreal, a highly important advantage for tenants in the 21st century,” said Claude Sirois, Co-Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, Quebec, for Ivanhoé Cambridge.
Place Ville Marie: LEED® Silver EB:O&M
Building on the strength of its already outstanding reputation and its peerless location in the heart of downtown Montreal, Place Ville Marie has taken a decidedly avant-garde approach in investing significantly in recent years to equip the complex with new building systems and energy efficient infrastructures, among other enhancements. With 317,436 m2 (3,400,000 ft2) of gross floor space, Place Ville Marie is now Canada’s largest real estate property to have earned LEED® Silver EB:O&M certification.
Ivanhoé Cambridge has owned Place Ville Marie since 2000, and became sole owner in 2013. The complex has been undergoing a major modernization program for the past several years, during which Ivanhoé Cambridge established processes for the continuous and rigorous management and upgrading of the building’s various operations that enabled Place Ville Marie to obtain LEED® Silver EB:O&M certification, among them:
- Replacement of the chillers
- Replacement of the electrical transformers and motor-control centres
- Installation of a new and more efficient exterior envelope (curtain wall) for 5 Place Ville Marie
- Modernization of the cooling towers
- Replacement of the envelope of the four lobbies of 1 Place Ville Marie
- Upgrading and/or replacement of the main ventilation systems
- Replacement of the automation centre for all the main operating systems
- Addition of measurement instruments for the various energy sources
- Addition of lighting controls
- New, more efficient plumbing equipment (reduction of water consumption)
World Trade Centre Montréal: LEED® Silver EB:O&M
Owned by Ivanhoé Cambridge since its construction, the World Trade Centre Montréal is situated between Old Montreal and the downtown core and is a vital part of the Quartier international de Montréal. Its location and unique architecture reflect the city’s history and development. Inaugurated in 1992, the World Trade Centre Montréal is a complex spanning an entire city block that consists of several restored historic buildings under a magnificent glass roof.
With 109,937 m2 (1,183,350 ft2) of gross floor space, the World Trade Centre Montréal recently underwent a major heritage refurbishment of its facade on Saint-Antoine Street, as well as many enhancements that led to it obtaining LEED® Silver certification, including:
- Modernization and upgrading of its heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems;
- Revitalization of its food court;
- Modernization of its lighting systems;
- Improvement of its domestic water management system;
- Modernization of its power management systems
For more information on Place Ville Marie, visit placevillemarie.com.
For more information on the World Trade Centre Montréal, visit centredecommercemondial.com.